Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Irish Blog Awards

Being a proud Irishman (I don't know any who aren't) I thought I better give a mention to the Irish Blog Awards held in Dublin at the weekend. Organised by Damien Mulley, and presented by Rick O'Shea, it was by all accounts a very successful event. Even though I’m new to blogging myself I’ve found the whole process fairly easy, except when it comes to original content. This is where it becomes tricky and when I see the consistently high standard to which these people reach on a regular basis I realise how funny and interesting these people must be in real life. And that for me seems to be the difference that sets blogging apart from other internet content. You don’t have to be a tech-head to set up your own blog you just need something interesting to say. So, well done all you who had blogs represented in the awards and keep up the good work. It’s your blogs that inspire the rest of us to give it a go, and who knows one of us might give Twenty a run for his money in talking complete shite to the highest calibre next year.

No comments: