Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mission Impossible III

Well it’s not exactly rocket science in terms of its script, but that’s to be expected from an action flick. However, I didn’t let any of that spoil my enjoyment of the film, and I did enjoy it! Except for… Tom Cruise crying! Jesus Christ! He cried a lot in this film. The whole ‘super-agent with a home life’ thing just doesn’t work for me. It’s unrealistic to think that these people go through life without meeting other people and having romantic engagements but people don’t go to see this kind of movie for happy families they expect to see a James Bond type of character who is a player or a tough guy like John McClane in Die Hard, who tried to have wife and happy family but it just couldn’t work out, you know what I’m getting at here yes?
Anyway, Tom, what’s with all the crying? I thought you were a super tough special agent? I can understand that you would be angry that someone was telling you that they were going to kill your wife but breaking down crying all the bloody time come on Tom get your shit together man! These ultimate bad guys are not eroded by your tears.
As always, see the movie for yourself. It’s pretty slick and has great stunts and as long as you can get over the happy family thing and the crying then you’ll probably enjoy it, like I did. The best of the three movies so far.
Oh, and if you wait till the end of the credits you will see a thank you to the Hanso Foundation. Those of you who are fans of Lost will know what this is about.

No comments: