Monday, January 23, 2006

Man-Utd 1 - Liverpool 0

Well… What can I say? Disappointed doesn’t quite sum it up…disgusted? Yes that it! I was disgusted with that moment of luck that Man Utd had against Liverpool, who dominated the game yet failed to score. I believe the technical term for a situation like this is ‘a travesty’.
The comments of Carlos Queiroz, United’s assistant coach after the match didn’t do anything to improve my mood. He claimed that they planned to give Liverpool the ‘apparent control of the game’ they would ‘find the right places to damage Liverpool’ and then claimed their ‘plan worked’ and they ‘deserved to win’. Rubbish!!!!
Liverpool dominated the game because they were the better side. They lost the game because they didn’t capitalise on the opportunities they had and Man Utd got lucky in the last minute.
I could go on but I won’t. Time to move on…

1 comment:

Paul S said...

Yeah! i had plenty of beers on Saturday so i've moved on now.