Thursday, January 19, 2006

Jarhead

Last night I met with Jon in the FACT and we saw Jarhead. It's not your typical war movie, in fact there isn't an awful lot of combat in the film. It's a very personal view of the war from a man in the marines and his experience of the gulf war in the eighties.
The man in question is Anthony Swofford and the film is based on his book also titled Jarhead. I've not read the book so i can't comment on that, but the film I enjoyed.It's a slow paced movie and has moments of both humour and violence. There are some points that will make you think about the rights and wrongs of war, but mainly it's a film about a fairly normal guy trying to do his job that seems sometimes to be in over his head. Anyway...I liked it. And I'm sure that I'll watch it again sometime.

No comments: